Q: What if my claim is denied?

A: First, find out whether the company has an appeals process or an arbitration process. If they use arbitration, ask whether the process is “binding arbitration,” (which means the arbiter’s decision is final) or non-binding (meaning you can still take the insurance company to court if you are unsatisfied with the decision). Depending on the amount of money in dispute, you can seek relief through Conciliation or District Court. Call the Department of Commerce, Consumer Response Team for advice or assistance with your claim.

Comments are closed.