Q: What if I cannot resolve a problem with my insurance company?

A: First, speak to the adjuster assigned to your claim or the supervisor in charge. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact the Minnesota Department of Commerce, Consumer Response Team (CRT) at 651-296-2488 (or 1-800-657-3602). The CRT helps consumers with insurance questions and complaints. If there is a dispute with a company or person licensed by the Department of Commerce, the CRT will attempt to resolve the matter informally. If the issue cannot be resolved in this way, you may be asked to send a letter to the department in order to begin a formal investigation.

Comments are closed.