Q: If I do not agree with my insurance company about the amount of damage, is there something I can do?

A: Yes. The insurance company is required to return your vehicle to the condition it was in before it was damaged. The company can either pay all costs to satisfactorily repair your vehicle, including all obvious and hidden damage, or they may offer a cash settlement to pay for the satisfactory repair of your vehicle.

If you disagree with the insurance company about whether they have met their requirements under the law, contact the Department of Commerce Response Team. You may have the ability to pursue action in small claims court if you are filing a claim against another party’s company, or you can invoke the appraisal process (which is explained in your policy) if you are filing a claim with your own company.

Comments are closed.